CorelDRAW X8 The Official Guide 12th Edition
This thoroughly revised guide offers complete coverage of CorelDraw X8, including the revamped interface and brand-new features. CorelDRAW X8: The Official Guide shows anyone―from a beginner to an experienced illustrator―how to create top-drawer commercial graphics and exquisite artwork. You will learn to draw photorealistic illustrations, use shortcuts to create complex art, lay out text like a pro, add special effects, and transform 2D objects into 3D graphics. The book features tips for printing high-quality work that matches what you’ve designed on your monitor.
• Work in the customizable interface redesigned to reflect Windows® Metro style
• Explore and understand the software’s menus, palettes, and dockers
• Lay out brochures, flyers, and other multi-page documents
• Add paragraph, artistic, and custom-shaped text to your designs
• Search the Content Exchange for fonts, vector patterns, background designs, and the Get More docker
• Use the Perspective, Extrude, Smear, Twirl, Attract, Repel, and Distortion tools
• Incorporate lens effects, transparency, shadows, glows, and bevels
• Put all the elements together in a professional, visually compelling way with layout and design tips from the author
Contents at a Glance
PART I: Student Orientation Weekend.
1. Welcome! What’s New (and Also Exciting) in CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X8!
2. The Roadmap to Features and Productivity in DRAW.
3. Diving In to DRAW!
PART II: Getting Started with CorelDRAW X8.
4. Working with Single- and Multipage Documents.
5. Creating Basic Shapes, Applying Transformations.
6. Arranging and Organizing Obj ects.
PART III: Working with DRAWing Tools.
7. Choosing (and Understanding) the Right Path Tools.
8. Exploring Special Shapes, Connectors, and Other Office Automation Helpers.
9. Editing Objects, Rearranging Paths, and Using Boolean Ops.
PART IV: Working with Text in Composition.
10. Paragraph Text, Artistic Text, and When (and How) to Use Them.
11. Intermediate Desktop Publishing and Proofing Tools.
PART V: Attributes for Objects and Lines.
12. Options for Filling Objects.
13. Applying Strokes to Paths.
14. Using Blends and Contours.
15. Mixing and Matching with Digital Color Models.
PART VI: Creating the Illusion of 3D Composition.
16. The Perspective and Extrude Effects.
17. Using the Envelope Tool, Lens Effects, and Bevels.
PART VII: Special Effects in CorelDRAW.
18. The Shape Editing Tools and Distortions
19. Transparencies and Shadows.
PART VIII: Bitmaps and Photos.
20. Understanding and Working with Pixel-Based Images.
21. Common Image-Editing Techniques Using PHOTO-PAINT.
PART IX: Motion Graphics and Halting Thoughts.
22. Creating Animations in PHOTO-PAINT.
23. Final Thoughts: Where Do We Go from Here?